whether it’s the days you burn
more brilliant than the sun
or the nights you collapse into my lap
your body broken in a thousand questions,
you are still the most beautiful thing i’ve ever seen.
i joined the fandom recently and heard you talk about the 'throwing tampons at misha' thing . what happened there? and was that the only bad fan behavior/bad treatment of him or?
anon, you’re so lucky lmao. i wish i could mindwipe half of this stuff.
there have unfortunately been many occasions when misha has been treated crappy by either the fandom or show (and sometimes by both simultaneously).
for example (i’ll update this list with sources as i find them, some are a bit hard to track down as they happened years ago):
- The ‘throwing tampons’ bit came from the self-titled “Operation Kill God’ just before NashCon 2011. Their threats resulted in Misha’s security having to be tripled (and because he had to be informed of that change, he was was sadly made aware of the entire campaign). It originally started on tumblr, but the only post I can find of the original banner is offsite. (x)
- In 2012, the blog IHMCD (‘I Hate Misha Collins Day’) was created. It declared May 31st the annual ‘date to hate on Misha’ and encouraged its followers to send rude messages to his twitter account and to spam all CW and SPN associated twitter accounts with calls for Misha to be fired. Misha was again sadly made aware of the stunt when it got big enough for Jim Beaver and RSJ to tweet angrily in Misha’s defense. (x)
- In Season 7, when Cas was killed off, Misha was straight-up told that he wouldn’t be coming back/that the character death was permanent. So he packed up his condo, put it up for sale, and moved his family (Vicki and West, who i think was 11-12 months old at the time) back to Vancouver. La de da a few months later and guess who calls? oH the spn showrunners and producers saying ‘hey we kind of need to back stat for 7x17’ and so Misha had to drop everything and fly to Vancouver (and eventually move all of their furniture and things back). (source TBA)
- Misha told producers months in advance that his second child was going to be born during the first few episodes of Season 8 and asked if they could write him light for that time period - so that it wouldn’t stall production. but lmaooo nah, they instead chose to make those some of heaviest Cas episodes! amazing!!! Misha put his foot down when Vicki went into labor and said ‘no i’m going to be with my wife.’ If I remember right, they had planned a natural birth at home…and it wound up taking longer than expected. Two days passed with production halted and producers were basically chasing Misha around on the phone telling him to get back and saying stupid shit like ‘could you surgically remove the baby to speed things up?’. Maison luckily was born the next day and they were able to resume shooting. Contrast this to how the producers treated Jared when he had a kid(s) during production months and you’ll see a p r e t t y clear difference (Jensen’s kid was born during the hiatus). (source TBA)
- Misha spoke about how spn is ‘gratuitously misogynistic’ in this infamous (at least fandom-wise) photoset. At Asylum 10 (2013), he told a small group of fans at a coffee lounge/meet & greet that execs on the show had come down on him hard for those comments and ‘joked’ that he should be quiet for his own job security. (x)
So yeah…I should emphasize this isn’t a complete summary of events. I’m going off of what I remember from the top of my head. If anyone wants to attach anything on or edit my recall of stuff, please feel free to do so or message me to add it in.
And numerous examples of Wincest fans sending things to all the crew EXCEPT Misha.
This is all me.
A day in the set for Jared ‘Douchebag’ Padalecki and Jensen ‘Fragile’ Ackles
OKAY OKAY OKAY I KNOW THERE ARE SO MANY FANDOMS STARTING NOW, LIKE THE SINK FANDOM AND THE TREEHOUSE FANDOM AND THE BLANKET FORT FANDOM, BUT YOU ARE ALL MISSING ONE.
BUT THEY AREN’T LIMITED TO INSIDE THE HOME
THERE ARE SECRET ROOMS FOR CARS
YOU EITHER LIKE SECRET ROOMS
OR YOU’RE WRONG
“Oxygen gets you high. In a catastrophic emergency, you’re taking giant panicked breaths. Suddenly you become euphoric, docile. You accept your fate. It’s all right here. Emergency water landing - 600 miles an hour. Blank faces, calm as Hindu cows.”
Fight Club (1999) dir. David Fincher
*sheds a single tear*
this is worth translating for my non Italian speaking followers: the fan mail (implicitly from a guy) wonders if women are making toom much of a fuss about period cramps because “after all, it’s just blood”. The doctor replies with a practical demonstration of what your uterus can feel like during menstruation. Because “from great powers come great bellyaches”. All around accurate response tbh
based on this post
Three seconds or more, it’s on.
What’s the matter Cas?
Don’t you love the color of my eyes?